Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why do so many fat or obese people tend to wear sandals or flip-flops even in cold weather?

This is something that I have noticed reciently. Also, I am asking this in the health section because of the fact that it is a question that has something to do with weight.
Answer:
ARGH! THEY"VE GOT KANKLES! GOD HELP US ALL%26lt; LOOK AWAY%26lt; LOOK AWAY!
Because they cannot find regular shoes that will fit properly.
Ive never noticed that, in fact I havent seen anyone wear sandals for years.
Well use tack, and ask one of them that way u would sure get the answer from the horses mouth. My thought is they are comfortable u don;t have 2 bend 2 tie or untie, u just slip them on. Also there feet may be swollen so flip-flops are comfortable.
It's hard to dress fat. They're looking for something comfotable.
I would assume that "normal" shoe sizes would not accomodate the width of their feet.
Well, fat feet mean a tight fit width wise. And when a foot is put in a shoe that's not made for wide or fat feet, it doesn't give proper support. the fat from the sides of the feet get squeezed inward, and it's like trying to walk on a layer of fat around your feet. It hurts for some, and for others, they may experience sweaty feet. Sandals allow the foot to rest on ones foot without being squeezed in and also allows proper support.
Because their belly hangs out over their belt line so far they can't bend over far enough to see to tie their shoes. When the try to tie their shoes you can hear them puff and groan with the effort to get down far enough to do it. It is so much easier to get up in the morning and just slip on some sandals or flip-flops. It's sad but it's true!
Lots of times it is difficult for an obese person to find shoes that fit or are comfortable. Sandals and flip-flops are a bit easier.

I'm not obese but I am getting a bit older and I have foot problems that have come about as a result of aging. Sandals and flip-flops are a nice relief from shoes, but I usually wear shoes.
Wow I am disgusted with how many rude answers this questions has recieved, and how rude this question is.

I think it's an individual prefrence...and big people can find shoes just as easily as any anorexic person. Ever heard of a thing called wide shoes.

I'm a big and beautiful woman myself, and I have no problem finding fashionable, comfy, WARM shoes in cold weather..and I am completely and utterly sickened by the shallowness of some people. But, I won't let that get to me because I'm proud that I can look at anyone of any size, age, race, and not be so judgemental and disgusting.

Grow up, people.
Let's see - I fit the fat and obese qualification at 550 pounds plus - I also fit the qualificaiton that my midsection does not allow me to see my feet when I stand and my size makes it interesting to put on shoes, which I frequently wear. I also oftern wear sandals for the comfort and feel. Even more so when the weather is nicer.

2 comments:

  1. Simple - laziness. I mean no disrespect. If you really think about it, if you let yourself go like that to gain so much weight you already have shown you tend to NOT care, so rather than don a proper pair of shoes why NOT wear just slippers or sandals? Tons easier to slip on than normal shoes for sure. (I've even seen this in my own family members who are overweight - it's just... crazy? On appearance you'd think it's disgusting (i.e. nobody wants to see fat feet, right?) - but on further reflection I think it just sums up one word: lazy... or less harsh, perhaps: convenience? Albeit if they're of German descent then maybe with proper socks it makes more sense. I've an Uncle of German descent who wears sandals all the time but still... he's of the hippy generation so that's a thing with them too, so... meh? I don't see what the big deal is, at least if they're wearing socks. The ones without socks... I just try to look away. It's like looking directly into the sun - you don't want to do THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah - can't edit my own comments. So I just want to say the above one wasn't meant in any demeaning way. I myself, after having served in 3 wars for the U.S., have tended to NOT care about all the stupid trivial things in life either (for what it's worth). Nothing's a problem for me anymore. I could only WISH I gained a TON of weight instead of suffered years of depression (but am still "slightly" pot-bellied - to be honest). So when I mentioned "lazy" above, I meant it in the way I myself already feel. Heck yeah, if I was brave enough I, too, would wear sandals (and I did for a time back in the '70's when they were more popular and accepted). Thing is, it's NOT about the fat people wearing them, in my opinion, it's more about they seem flat out WEIRD for ANY man (at least) to wear in these modern times. I don't know why it's so disturbing. Even skinny people wearing sandals somehow disturbs me for some reason. It's like... I don't know... one step down from that would be flip-flops, right? And just one step down more from that is just walking around in your bare feet... so.... yeah. I think THAT is why it's disturbing. Especially without socks, because you're basically walking around barefooted... but not... but barefooted still. No, I think it's like walking around on some kind of silly barefoot leather platform to show off that you're walking around barefooted in society in this "modern" day and age and somehow "getting away with murder."

    ReplyDelete

 

Why do Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net