Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why do people who are dying?

become quite lively and optimistic and even look much better shortly before their death
especially old aged people
Answer:
I BELIEVE IT IS BECAUSE, THEY HAVE HAD A GLIMPSE OF WHAT LIES AHEAD %26 ARE NOT AFRAID ANYMORE. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE BEHAVED AS YOU DESCRIBE, EVEN TO THE POINT OF KNOWING THEY HAVENT GOT LONG %26 KNOWING NEAR ENOUGH WHEN. A LOT HAVE PEOPLE WHO COME TO COLLECT THEM. BOTH OF MY PARENTS HAVE DIED %26 SOMEONE CAME FOR THEM.
I don't know why. And I disagree.
The last hurrah.
Not in my experience old chum.
i dunno
Maybe they are so happy to be with the people they love before going to heaven.hell yeah that's like a "two-fer"
Who knows!
Are you Death? Only death really knows when someone is going to die.
because they are running out of time. learn from it. pretend today is the last day. plus you dont want to be remembered as a grumpy old woman/man
Perhaps some of them realize how precious life is, and suddenly stop taking it for granted.

You do get some miserable old grannies, though, who look half dead already.
because the spirit of the lord,is near
That has happened to a couple people I knew!
My wife's Father who was cancer ridden, even tried to get
out of bed right before he passed.
May be tired of life, and glad to see what may or may not lie beyond. Their body dosn't let them do much, now maybe they can again, maybe. That and all the responcibility is lifted from them, all of it at last. Freedom.

Just a guess.
Reft
Its just Human Nature
question of the ages.
interesting topic
If you mean a couple of days before death when people seem to rally, nobody knows why. Perhaps they are saying goodbye and are happy that they will be pain free.
I think you've seen some very rare cases..
When that happens (and it can be absent as much as present) , I think it's because they've accepted that death is there, and they no longer are attached to the notion of staying here.

Elizabeth Kubler-Ross is the writer who researched and listed the stages of death.
This is because they finaly know and understand fully what does the word "it does not matter" means..all the troubles eg not enough money for the next bill.= today it does not matter...eg does he love me...= it does not matter....eg will i look like a fool..=it does not matter..eg am i good.=it does not matter.eg my reputation is ruin.=it does not matter...eg but he is bad so we have to...= it does not matter.....eg i have a terrible disease, how will it be cured.= it does not matter.....nothing matters
I noticed that too. Once I noticed my friends husband suddenly looked alive, healthier and full of life after a long battle with illness. She told me he had a visit from his brother who died years ago and he told him his time was short and he needed to do get things in order. That was the best last month of his life.

The same thing happened with my friend who died on the table in the hospital. When they revived her she was full of life and went home. She told us she needed to come home take care of a few things. She was happy, looked great and alive with small bursts of energy for a whole day before she died.

So maybe some of these people see or hear something we can't see or hear that gives them a great hope that we can't understand.
I don't know that there is a definitive answer to this question. I have worked with the terminally ill for about 20 years. I have often seen the phenomenom that you are talking about. My experience has shown me that people seem to "get better" just before they die because they are at peace. They have resolved issues that are holding them to this physical plane and are ready to "move on". They are then "free" to experience a few more good moments before they are gone.
they say what ever is wrong with you heals before or just as that person is dieing. i don't know how true that is
Well'p, I think it's because they realize that their time is running out and start to go over their "checklist" of things they've always wanted to do or be in their lives. Though everyone has a different opinion, this is my opinion.

They could also be realizing how valuable life is.
I volunteer at a hospice and I hadn't noticed that at all. Quite the contrary. A lot of people seem to have an internal struggle with it (fear of the unknown, worries about the family they are leaving behind, etc.).

It has been my experience that after a long illness people do seem to come to terms with their own mortality, or at least they appear to come to terms with it. Over the years many have told me that they view it as an end to their suffering.
I agree with you but I don't know why though.
if they know their time is coming. they generally seem to accept it and are quite wize about it all. of course that aint the case at all with sum people. but either way its still best not to think about things like that. as it dus mess with your head
I believe some people are at peace at that moment and possibly are experiencing some of the after life.
Maybe its because its the end of one life but the start of a new life, as many people die many people are born.
Erm, why does everyone think its a mental thing?

Surely the body might be fighting one last time, pumping the person full of "happy hormones" or another good stuff?

I'm sure there are studies out there which have been conducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net