Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why do people smoke?

I work in an office with like 30 other people and almost everyone single one of them smokes. I think it's gross and unhealthy and with all that we know about cancer I just want to know why people start smoking in the first place. I understand that some older people are addicted and started before we knew all that we know now but what about young people?
Answer:
i smoke because i enjoy it, i started cause i wanted to see whet the hype was and i loved it, i haven't quit because i don't want too, i am addicted and quiting would be hard but the fact is i have no desire too,

for those of you who started smoking to be cool you are nothing but pathetic week minded fools, i bet you lost your virginity behind your father tool shed over a bottle of boons or straw berry hill
they think there cool
because its cool, then they turn to addicts.
Stupid as kids. That's why I started when I was 14. I thought it made me look cool and tough, and I wanted to fit in with my stupid friends. I don't smoke now, though!!
Stupidy and the desire for a slow agonizing death!
i started because all my friends did. that was so stupid! i smoked for ten years and quitting was the hardest thing i ever did! but also the smartest! people start because they want to fit in. no one likes it when they start but they want to look "cool."
they smoke because they're addicted or think it's cool which in my opinion is kind of a line of crap.

Sure they may be addicted but I smoked -to be cool and meet people during high school but not for long and I quit no problem and haven't wanted a smoke since!

also it wasn't cool. it made me stink, late for class and the people I met were not friends.
that...i can't never understand...there are no good effects, at all!

but like you said some people are addicted and started b4 we knew all of the bad affects...but other than that i see no logical reason
I don't know, but I can tell you when I had taken my wife for radiation therapy the nurses that helped her in the radiation room were outside smoking when we were leaving.
I smoke, and I really don't have any good reason. As a kid (up till about 12) I would try to get my mom to stop smoking. I hated it and couldn't see the point. Eventually though, curiosity got the better of me and I had to try _JUST ONE_. Wasn't long before I was doing it just on weekends. Then just once a day. Now I smoke a pack a day, it happened before I knew what was up.

None of my friends smoked, in fact I was affraid to even tell them for a long time (I went to catholic schools from k - 12)... I really don't know why I started, but I regret it. I've since hooked most of my close friends, too. It's actually kind of hard to think about that..

Edit: There are up sides to smoking, in my opinion. I really do enjoy it. To me, it's one of lifes simple pleasures. But it's bittersweet. The past few months I've made a few attempts at quitting.. and it's really frustrating not being able to do it. It really is not a good feeling knowing you've always gotta have that pack of cigarettes with you..
Some say, it's a way to calm their nerves. They just use so many excuses, the truth is, once they tried it, they were weak, and got addicted to the nicotine. Once, hooked, it is very difficult to leave it. If they do succeed, most gain weight, because they still have the need to satisfy their nerves, they turn to food.
2 words -- FREE COUNTRY
cuz they like the thot of blowing out their brains wit cigarette smoke!
I s%26#92;tarted smoking as a young man to quell the urge to eat. See I as a fat child and found the diminished appetite that is derived from smoking helpful in loosing weight. I told myself that I would quit when I got down to my desired weight. That was 30 years ago.
it's a form of rebellion in young people. Most young smokers start before they're even old enough to buy cigarettes. It's just the way they think they can look "cool"...you know, they're doing something they're not old enough to do...then they get hooked.
Most smokers start as teenagers. It the "cool" thing to do. They try cigarettes under the impression, "I'll only smoke a few, just to fit in with the crowd." By the time they do decide to quit, they are addicted. The try to quit, but physically cannot. It's best to not even start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Why do Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net