Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why do you feel calmer after cutting yourself?

Why is it that I feel better after I cut myself? Why does the sight of blood make me feel better? Does this happen to you?
Answer:
when the body is injured it does release endorphins that is the bodies natural pain killer. It is the bodies way to control what is going on with its organs. In fact the skin is the largest organ of the body and also has its own system.
Be careful with the cutting because it will cause shock if you get into the wrong artery.
Maybe the pain in your cut triggers pain killers in your brain (maybe endorphins?).

Or the actual act is satisfying because 1) you control it and 2) you complete it. Just like over eating or under eating.

Just a theory. I used to pully my hair out (not to the point of baldness, but it was harmful)...
i know me to,but i like to cut other people i dont like pain
The exact opposite happens with me. If I was a sporadic nutwad, I'd say that you were either emo or a vampire.
There might be 2 reasons-

Reason 1- Physical trauma releases beta-endoprhins which cause relaxation, a state of well-being and numb pain. The good thing, I guess, is the beta-endorphins have been known to boost the immune system. So it's pretty much okay to cut yourself. Just when you do it, don't cut your veins.

Reason 2-You might have control issues, not that you are too controlling, but not enough. So the fact you can do something that is by your own control may make you happy.

And no this does not happen to me, but after an injury I sometimes feel more hyper than calm or relaxed. I am a bit hyper out of injuries as well. And I'm controlling enough. The sight of blood usually means nothing to me due to the fact I have chronic nose bleeds and I'm pretty used to it.

I am more of a believer of reason 1, mostly because it's easier for me to believe in scientific reasons. But whatever helps you is good I guess.
You need and deserve help, dear.
There *are* reasons why you began cutting yourself, but there
are even *better* reasons to get the help you need, the time
and attention you need, and stop the cutting.
There is a good web site with information that will at least
serve as a beginning or first step for you--that is:
http://www.wikihow.com/stop-cutting-your...

I ask you please to at least visit the site and read the information and insights they offer.

There is so much you have within that you could choose to
use to make our world a better place for others---I hope
you will take whatever steps are required to regain your health 259and begin a path toward happiness and wholeness..so
that you can reach out to help others.

There are so many lonely, sad, and suffering people in our
world.people who need the gifts that each and every one
of us has to share.but we have the choice to either help
others or to turn our own hurts, disappointments, anger,
and sadness inward and create harm.

I sincerely wish you all the best. I hope you can find the
strength, wisdom and strength within yourself to reach out
for help.

I care about what happens to you.

Doris
WithWingsofAngels@comcast.net
I'm a little worried that not one of these answers I have seen... no one asked why? You SHOULD NOT be cutting yourself in the first place... please talk to someone... even a close friend or family member.
Frankly, you should seek help. Feeling better after cutting yourself is NOT a good sign...or a healthy one. You should really seek professional help before this gets too out of hand and you end up cutting more often and deeper until you almost kill yourself.

1 comment:

  1. This was a lot of help to me. And answer my own questions. Look guys it nice that you tell her to get help and I know you mean the best but you will never understand how a depressed person thinks unless you get depressed. The person has to want to be helped if the person does not even if they get help there not going to lesson or do what the exsperts tell them to do. And even if you want help and get it it so hard to get on the right path it an addiction and you can push it a way for ever but the one time you have a slip up it over your back to ur old self it not like they want that but you can't help it

    ReplyDelete

 

Why do Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net